Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Monday, December 04, 2006

I have no good ideas for “date occasions”

Okay you remember it was last week and I was asking for you to put “idea” comments here on my blog web site, here was the idea I was looking for: an idea of something pretty cool to do with girl friend Samantha on the weekend because she was always the one who has the good ideas about date events (like for example iceskating or a trip to the air plane area in Dayton, I can never think of things like that to do). Well here is the problem, no body gave me any ideas, well that is not exactly true, there was a comment here: http://brianinfindlay.blogspot.com/2006/12/weekend-is-up-on-us-it-is-time-for.html#c116499182606542919 (yes I am getting pretty good at the “link” action), here was basically what it said: pretend there are people at the airport. Okay I am sorry “jonathan crow” (I am pretty sure that is not a real name), I do not want to “hurt your feeling” but that is just not a good idea. How would I even explain it to Samantha, “We are going to pretend some one is at the airport to park a car or something”, see, she would probably just run away screaming, it is not a good date idea probably. So that is all I saw on the blog web site! No other comments from any body! (of course there was 1 this morning, too late people!) Okay you people are good about telling my to buy nice jewels, oh that is fine because here is the thing, I do not have lots of jewel-type money (too much!), but if I need a date idea you are all gone for a vacation to some where, probably a “famous” area like Hollywood or Maryland or whatever. So I had to come up with a “brilliant” idea on my own, yes you have probably guessed, Brian (me) is not a great “idea man”, so it was time to just make it up as I go along (that was the idea). So I told Samantha (Friday night we were watching a video movie at her house), I said to pick me up in the afternoon at like noon or something, I had a surprise day in the “planning” for her. She was all excited, but here is the thing, it was a surprise for me too because I did not know what I was going to do (so “pressure”). I thought I would have a lot of the day to think of something, so of course I slept late and I did not wake up until like 11:30 or something like that, so basically it was a “wasted time”. No special thoughts or whatever.

Okay it was Saturday afternoon and I got in Samantha’s car, and it was “ show time” and of course I still had no idea what I was going to do, not even a little “clue” what I was going to do. So I told her, “okay let’s just go this way” (I pointed a way) and I hoped an idea would come to my head (no luck there) so basically I just pointed different ways until we ended up at the mall, oh boy what an adventure, it is a place we go all the time, it is like you said “hey I have a special dinner for you tonight” and instead you pull a sandwich out of the garbage and you already ate half of it and you say “surprise!” But I tried to make the “best” of it, I thought real fast and then I said, “hey I want to take you here to eat” and then I pointed to a place: it was the “Japan steak house” place where they make crazy cooking and so on, I had never been there but Samantha was like “oh this is so sweet” so we ate there. Yes it was crazy with a guy throwing food all over the place but yes it was pretty good (of course it was a little more than I thought it would be, but some times you have to “splurge” they say). Okay so dinner was over and all that, and Samantha said “I can not wait to see what you have next for me”! Oh man, I thought that would be all of it, just the Japan restaurant! But of course I said, “oh yes I can not wait” and then I had to try to think of another thing. So again I said “okay let’s go this way and I pointed a random way, so we drove around in a bunch of directions and we got over by the University of Findlay and I saw a bunch of cars in the parking lot by the gym where they play basket ball, and “a-ha!” it was the idea. So I said, “We are here to see the basket ball game of course” which we have not done before. So she was all happy about that. I was in luck, the “oiler” game was starting in just a little while so I got the tickets (also more than I planned on spending), but hey we watched the game and we cheered and all that and even they won! So after the game was over I was quick this time to say “so I hope you had a good surprise day” very fast before Samantha had a chance to ask what was coming next on the surprise day. So Samantha was very “please” that I planned a fun day even though I made the whole thing up and it cost me a lot of $$$, but I guess it was not so bad (yes I am the “romantic” king). I am just glad we did not play the “airport parking game”, it would have been a “disaster”.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Boy Brian! You did GOOD!!

    My dad took us out to eat at one of those places one time. I did not like the bean sprouts stuff they had, but the rest of it was good and that guy did AMAIZING things with those knives and that spatula thing like break eggs and stuff. But I don't like basketball.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Jonathan Crow said…

    I'm just telling you what worked for me...the airport. Don't knock it till you try it. Besides, it's much cheaper than the Japanese restaurant.

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian, I see there is someone else commenting on your blog who has the same first name as me. He is obviously brilliant and must be listened to and heeded at all costs! :>)

    I think you did very well for yourself in the "date idea" department, even if it was on short notice. Now all you have to do is think about next weekend now, instead of waiting until the day before.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home