Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Here is a little thanks giving tip, do not go to Youngstown for thanks giving (instead stay in Findlay if that is where you live)

Okay now that it is Monday and all of the crazy-ness of the thanks giving weekend is over pretty much I will have to give you an “update” about every thing that went on, basically I will just talk about what happened when I went to Youngstown with my girl friend Samantha (also with her family, I mean her mom and dad except they went in separate cars then us). Basically I will make this easy for you, I will make that list thing with the dots, it is a list of things I have learned this weekend, here we go:

  • I gave you a little “preview” of this one last time I wrote on my blog web site, it is that you have to bring pajamas when you sleep at another person’s house. Basically the problem is (here is a “personal” fact), I just sleep in my underwear, it is just easier, I have never liked the big pajamas and whatever, just too hot. So I did not think about bringing any to Samantha’s grandma’s house mostly because I do not have any. Well you can guess here is the problem, my “bed” (not really a bed) was the couch in the living room of the grandma’s house so you can see there is no “private” areas. Also no one wants to see me in my under wear, that is a fact. So yes it was embarrassing very much when Samantha’s mom saw me walking around in my underwear (big apology you can imagine). So I basically had to sleep in my jeans, not very comfortable.
  • The underwear thing was 1, here is another. Samantha’s grandma has a disease where she can not say “Brian” or it is something like that. Yes it is true, they would say, “This is Brian” and she would say “hello Derrick” or “hello Jeff”, basically anything but Brian. She also has other problems with “people names” because she called Samantha “Michelle” the whole time we were there (one time she called her “Sissy”, very strange). Is every grandma like this? Except for the “wrong name” situation, she was pretty nice I guess.
  • Youngtown is not so exciting, not even a little (this is another “learning fact” from Brian) (me). I would not move there unless there was a “atomic bomb” war, it would be a good place because living there would make you “used to” what a city looks like after a “atomic bomb” war. It is like every one decided to leave there but before they got out of town they had to stop and break 8 windows. (I did not break any windows before I left, just a little statue of a shepherd girl and her sheep babies, this was at grandma’s house, I don’t think grandma even noticed but I was pretty sorry you can guess).
  • This is the last learning fact: if you have a girl friend and also you have a blog web site, do not say anything on your blog web site that is basically you saying “I do not want to get married with my girl friend”. That is not really what I said when I put that comment on here, I just meant not yet to get married because we have not been a date couple very long, just a “hand full” of weeks. But there was a long “discussion” on the trip over there to Youngtown from Findlay with me and Samantha, of course I had to tell her that it is not a true fact that I am not “serious” about the “relationship” (I do not think I ever used the word “relationship” before last Wednesday night, it is just not a “usual” word for me to say). Anyway it is all “worked out” now I guess, but still you need to know that learning fact that I said before: do not say “I do not want to marry my girl friend”, trust me, it will not go well.

That is all of the “learning facts”.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian I am back in town now and I know what you mean about the grandma stuff. BOY do I!!!

    So did you ask Smanantha to marry with you??? After your talk I mean.

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Mary Ann if I did not "know better" I would have a wondering, it would be "is Mary Ann talking to Samantha in a secret type situation not on my blog web site?" I would wonder about this because you are both talking all about marrying and so on.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian I can't talk to Samantha because I don't even know her phone number!

    Gosh MEN are so goofy sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home