Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Friday, November 10, 2006

There is a reason I am not a “security guard”, here it is

Okay I now that I have not talked a whole lot about real adventures lately, mostly it is “girl friend” this and “driver license” that, and I am not talking too much about my adventures in Findlay Ohio which is kind of bad I know, especially since that is the title of my blog web site. So yes I am sorry about that, to all of the people who come here for “tails” of adventure and so on and instead it is all the other stuff. Well you are in luck today my friends because a kind of crazy thing happened today at work.

Okay so Zach (he is one of my managers at work) sent me out to the lot (parking lot I mean) to bring in the carts that were out there (yes before you ask you can probably guess that it is not one of my favorite things in the world, working in the store is much better for “obvious” reasons, it is an “obvious” reason because you do not have to be out in the rain for example), okay anyway so I went out there to get the carts and there are these kids out there (okay I guess they are not kids, instead they were teen-agers or whatever, I guess school was already out for the day, it has been a long time since I did the school thing so I do not remember exactly what time the school lets out, probably before that time when I was out there to get the carts). So these teen-agers were riding around in the carts like they were cars or whatever (like a cart but no T) and crashing into each other and laughing like crazy people, it was like that one show where the guys always hurt each other by kicking each other in the privates and then they eat a snake or something, do you know what I am talking about? Anyway these teen-agers were messing around with the carts, you are not really supposed to do that, so I said “hey you are not supposed to do that” and I went to get those two carts they were using and they got out of the carts and started running away. And they were pushing the carts with them, basically they were stealing our carts! So what am I supposed to do, call the police? It is not a “murder” case! So I just chased after them, I do not know why I did it, it is not like they were scared of me, I am not a very “threatening” man, it is not like I am that big bald guy from the Indiana Jones movie, the one who walked into the airplane thing and blood went everywhere, do you know what I am talking about? He is a “threatening” man like you would be scared of, I am not! But they ran off anyway, except they did not go very far, just up to the street, and they pushed the carts out into the street and ran off, they were too fast for me to catch them probably. So I basically just gave up, also you can guess I did not have a gun to shoot at them, they do not give us guns where I work (it is not that kind of job). So I was going out into the street to get the carts and of course a car was coming and it had to hit the brakes and honk the horn at me. So drivers hate me even when I am walking, I do not have to be on my bike for people to honk at me. Okay so that was the adventure, kind of exciting right?

Okay last thing, it is the weekend and here is the plan I have for me and Samantha (my girl friend): not sure really. Probably we will watch a movie or something, but also I talked to Samantha yesterday about how I want to get a driver license, or the “learner permit” (thank you star buck for the “comment” about that), so Samantha says she will help me study the “manual” this weekend so maybe I can take the test thing next week or something. I am on my way to Driver Land! (it is a pretend place where people drive all the time or something, I guess, anyway it is just a “saying”, I mean I am going to learn to drive finally so I can honk at bicycles and people running to get carts in the street.) Have a good weekend people!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian you are very brave to go chasing those guys like that! Wow. Maybe they will make an action figure out of you like Batman or Spiderman or something and then they will sell it at Walmart and you will be rich and can get insurance and a car to drive!

    Me and my family are going to see someone get married this weekend. Hey, maybe if you and Smantha stay together, you could get married and I could come! You could invite all of your blog friends to the wedding! That would be really cool.

    Well gotta go.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    I do not think a "Brian" action figure would be very "popular", like for example sometimes an action figure toy has a special "skill" like "web-shooting action" (this would be Spider-man for example), instead the Brian action figure would have "shelf-stocking action". Not fun for children!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home