Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Monday, September 25, 2006

A surprise from the weekend (not state park time!)

I have to say, when I got up on Saturday morning I was kind of not looking forward to going to “Van Buren” state park with Samantha (here is a “review”, remember me and Samantha, she is a good friend, not a date situation probably, anyway we were going to go to that state park for a picnic and “hiking”, that was the plan). I am saying this because it was all rainy and gray, kind of a “yucky” day, so you can guess I was not thinking, “hey it would be fun to walk around in the muddy woods today, hooray let’s go and do that”. Anyway I knew Samantha really wanted to do this hiking, so I did not say anything to her about it when she came to pick me up at my place. Well she had a surprise for me when I got in her car, she said “hey Brian this is kind of a crappy day for hiking of course, let’s just go up to Toledo what the heck?” Yes you are hearing right (I mean reading, you can not hear me when I am writing this on the blog web site, anyway there is not much to hear, it is just clicking of the key board), we drove up to Toledo (she drive really, remember I do not have a driver license) just for “heck” of it. It is not too far, really, and we did not do much, we went to a mall there, it was a lot bigger than the mall here in Findlay, I guess it makes sense because Toledo is bigger than Findlay a lot, it was something about “Franklin Mall”, something like that. Anyway yes we went to the mall and just walked around. Samantha bought some clothes, like for example shirts. (Samantha would try on a shirt and then she would come out of the little room and ask me “how it looks”, I have to say it is kind of weird to tell a girl how the shirt, pretty much they all looked the same, but I said they were all good.) Anyway we ate at another kind of “fancy” place there at the mall, I though it was the same as the “Apple” place we ate the other day, it looked like exactly the same, but I guess it was different, it was like “Tuesday Restaurant’ or something? Then we just kind of drove around, it was like the end of the day we went out and sat by the lake (there is a big lake there in Toledo, it is “Erie Lake”). Samantha was I guess kind of tired from the long day, because when we were sitting there talking she put her head on my shoulder, I guess trying on clothes makes you tired? So anyway the lake was nice.

Kind of a fun time I guess, nothing too crazy but I have actually not been out of Findlay for a very long time, probably it was years. Of course even with a bicycle I could not come all the way up to Toledo but anyway. So anyway, no hiking in the muddy woods.

Also hey guess what I rode my new “mountain bike” over here today (I am talking about the library where I write my blog web site), of course except for this time I did not have a problem with the lock like last time! I am learning the lesson?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian, I'm glad to hear you had such a good weekend.

    It does sound to me as though Samantha might possibly be trying to get a little "romantic" with you. First it's her head on your shoulder, then the next thing you know she'll be holding your hand. Watch out for her, Brian. That's how a woman wiles her way into your life, and then you're stuck!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian whoever that guy is that posted before me is right about one thing. And I will not say it again after this, but SAMANTHA REALLY DOES LIKE YOU AS A BOYFRIEND. I am tired of trying to tell you this all the time and you don't pay attention to me so I will not say it again,but if you can't see how much she wants to be your girlfriend you are so wrong it isn't funny.

    And that guy was kind of a jerk when he said that about a woman and wiles and stuff. I'm sory to say that because it isn't very nice but it is the truth. That man needs to be nicer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home