Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Are bicycles always this much cost?

Okay what is the deal here, I went to one of those bicycle places (I am here in Findlay, Ohio, I am talking about some bicycle places that are here not far from my apartment, I am telling you all this because I realized that maybe if you are coming here to my blog web site for the first maybe you do not know what I am talking about, basically it is a situation where I am tired of just walking all over the place, maybe a bicycle is the “solution”, still though a car would be a better awesome thing, too much $$$) anyway here is the thing: bicycles are not cheap like they used to be, instead they are like a 100s of dollars! Okay there are a couple of bicycles there that are maybe not so “expensive”, I guess if it is something I want to do (get a bike) I guess it would have to be one of those, there is no way in a million years I can have enough money to buy a bicycle that is $1000! Who buys a bicycle that is $1000, that is just crazy, for example you know it will just get wet and rusty and probably mud, I would be too afraid to take it outside! I guess it would just be a “decoration” in my apartment, which reminds me also, I have to figure out where I am going to put this thing if I buy it, do I just leave it outside (if I do that it will get rusty and it will fall apart or something like that, I am not a “bicycle mechanic expert”), what if it gets stolen, yes there are thieves here in Findlay Ohio, it is not like they are stealing great jewels with lasers around them (it is a “movie” situation), but I know that a couple of months ago somebody took Valerie’s sandwich out of the break room “fridge” at work, also one time Zach said his neighbor got “broken in” (it means a guy, probably a “robber” got in the house by breaking something, I guess a door?). So yes it can happen, we are not paradise in Findlay (still it is good)! Okay so if I do not leave it outside (the bicycle, if I get it, I mean) I guess I will have to take it into my apartment, here are 2 problems: my apartment is not very big already, I will trip over a bicycle if I have to get up in the middle of the night (that is 1), also I have to go all the way up a big flight of steps on the back of the house to get to my apartment, I have to carry that heavy bicycle all the way up those stairs (that is 2)? What about if it is icey (winter)? It is a lot of problems with the bicycle situation, I am not saying I am not going to get a bicycle, instead I am buying a car (where would I put a car, it would definitely not fit in my apartment! Ha it is a joke) I am just saying it is a lot to think about.

In the “meantime” here is another thing, the other night (I forgot to tell you about this) when Samantha and me were eating at the sandwich place after the movie (not a date situation) I found out Samantha goes to the “community” college, it is why she has a kind of different schedule at work. Anyway I started thinking about that, maybe I should go to the community college (I think you do not have to be the age of high school graduate to be there, what I am saying is I have been out of high school for a while, but that is okay, you can go there even if you are a 100 years old), sometimes I think it would be good to learn something new, there is nothing wrong with my job, I have been there a long time, but I don’t know if I can do that for my whole life, so maybe I could go to the community college (except it costs money, and I have to use the money to pay for a car or bicycle, but I have to have a car or bicycle to get there, it is a too far distance to walk, so it is a problem situation). Anyway I could not go there right now anyway, it is too late because the classes started already, but anyway I am just thinking about it, I don’t even know what I would study there, maths probably?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brian maybe you could go to WalMart or Kmart or someplace to see about a bike? I think they are much cheaper there and you could get a helmet too. It should not be so many $$ that way?

    Anyway, you could maybe store your bike in a shed or a garage or something if the landlady would let you. What do you think?

    You would of course have to still wear a coat and maybe glovs and a hat when you ride it in the snow because you wear that stuff now anyway and it would not be so bad. Maybe Samantha can take you to WalMart if it is too far in her car and then you could ride your bike homE!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heartily agree, Brian. Go to one of the discount stores and see what they have to offer. They sell adult bikes as well as children's bikes, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference in cost.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home