Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I do not know other languages, like for example Mexico

Yesterday at work it was a weird situation, I was not very busy and not a lot of things to do, like for example I will usually stock the shelves, mostly I will work in the back but some times I will be “up front” and I can see the girls who work the registers, like for example Valerie (also Anita). Anyway so I was “up front” by the registers and Mark was up there talking to a customer, he was an old man, also there was an old lady with him, I guess she was his wife. Well Mark calls me over, he says “hey Speedy (remember my nick name is Speedy) I have to go do a thing, can you help these people” and he goes off somewhere, it is not “usual” for me to help the customers too much, just some times. Anyway so I asked the old people “how can I help you” (it is what we are supposed to say), and the old man said this: “bfkfdoiakrfrhwenfmf djfdjsd sfjofdopew” (I am just hitting buttons on the key board to make “nonsense”, it is because that is what he said! I could not understand a thing he was saying, it was like another language, that is why it is my title today.) So I looked over at the old lady (his wife I guess) to see what she would say, she said, “Can you help us please?” So here is how it went:

Me: “What do you need sir?”
The man: “weojws wf weoif 2hwuioef dsfdfpojsdf;”
Me: “What is it again?”
The man: “jhwefoiew hwqeuf gyterou aoijf sdf80”
The lady: “Can you help us please”

I did not have a “clue” what to do, he is speaking some thing I do not under stand! So basically we just walked through the store and I was pointing at stuff, I would say, “Is this what you need?” and I was pointing at like everything, I could tell he was all mad at me for not knowing what he was saying, it is okay I guess, I am used to it when people are mad at me, anyway why would the old lady not help me out (that is why I said it is a weird situation)? Anyway finally we figured out he needed one of those special yellow light bulbs (it is for outside light bulbs?). So I guess it is not “adventures” but it was a weird thing anyway (Later Anita told me that the old man was a “stroke” probably, it is not really a language? I kind of feel sorry for him, when you can not speak like regular people, probably Mark should not be laughing at the situation, that is what he was doing anyway, he was laughing, I guess he thought it was a “prank” to make me help the man who could not speak right.) Anyway it was not easy.

Also remember tomorrow is Laundry Day, but I will have to go to another laundry place probably (remember it was the “bra” situation, but I am not sure where I am going to do my laundry, I will have to dig around and figure out where a different laundromat is at, maybe some body at work will know, I will probably ask Valerie, her clothes are always very clean and there is a nice smell, she probably does a good job with her laundry, I hope she does not mind if I tell her she has a nice smell?). So maybe I will write something here on my blog web site, maybe I will not, it will “depend” on if I have time to do it, laundry is a busy job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home