Brian's Adventures in Findlay, Ohio

This is my blog web site where I will talk about stuff that I do (these are my "adventures" that I am talking about in the title of my blog web site) here in my hometown of Findlay, Ohio which is a pretty good place although maybe it is not like Dayton or New York or a big city like that. Also maybe I will talk about TV or something, I haven't decided.

Monday, August 21, 2006

"Mixed" weekend (good and bad together)

Hey everybody, I hope you had a good weekend in your cities where you live (I think people from all over the world maybe will read this blog web site, I do not know if that is the truth, like for example all of the comments here on my blog web site are American I guess or maybe from England, the people do not say where they are from, if they put it in a different language anyway I could not read it). Anyway my weekend was a mixture of good and bad, I did something very different than what I normally do (what I normally do is just basically watch TV, sometimes I work on the weekends but mostly I just watch TV or maybe rent a video) (also I did rent a video this weekend, I did not do this other thing the whole weekend! I still watched the video, it was the one where the family goes around in a big trailer car, it was pretty good).

Okay anyway what I am saying is that I did not just sit around my apartment all weekend (it is a good thing, Marla, she is my landlady sort of, and Gary, he is her new husband and the old maintenance man, they are still not happy about the newspaper thing, so it is good that I was not around the apartment the whole time), instead I went to a big thing at a park here in Findlay, it was like a big party about balloons (it is not like little birthday party balloons, it is like the big kind you can ride in, they are colorful and there is a basket). It was at a park (I said that already) and the streets around it were closed off, you could get stuff to eat and so on, and watch the balloons and all that.

I had heard about this balloon thing (it is every year, I think) before, but I have not gone to it before, I was just going to do the same old weekend activities like I always do (I talked about that before) but at work on Friday Valerie was talking to Anita and Kristen and Mark (they all work there with me, they were not really talking to me but I was stocking some shelves close to the registers and I could hear what they were talking about), they were talking about going to the balloon thing on Saturday at the park (it is called "Adam's park" or something like that, I know where it is, I just can't remember what it is named), Valerie said she was going with someone to the balloon thing. I was thinking it might be kind of interesting, I had never been there, also balloons are kind of interesting probably (like I said, big).

So Saturday afternoon I walked down to the Adam's park (not too far, I guess I thought it was a longer distance, but it was not too bad, I guess maybe 20 minutes or something like that to get there, also I walked by the Marathon, it is the place where the lady named Shannon worked that one time I talked about, but she was not there, it was a guy, I don't remember his name, anyway I got a pop). You could see the balloons from far off, it was like an easy way to see how to get there if I was lost (I was not lost though). Anyway there was lots of people there, very crowded, but it was not too bad, there was a stage with a music band playing, it was like a big party and I was having fun even if I was all by myself, I thought maybe I would "run into" Valerie (not with a car, ha ha! I do not have a car, anyway it means when you see them, like for example you say "I ran into Bob at the store," it means you saw Bob at the store but you did not know he would be there, it is only an example, there are probably lots of people named Bob at store, it is common), who knows? I could not see her anywhere, though, anyway I watched the balloons for a while and there were little kids getting their faces painted and all that, it was kind of a fun thing (this was the part which was good).

Anyway so I was starting to get pretty hungry (I did not eat anything for breakfast for some reason, I overslept and anyway I was too excited to get down there to the balloon thing, that pop I got at the Marathon was all I had), so I went over to all the food places, they are like little trailers and tents and so on, and there was this place that had these little things, it was kind of like a thick taco with long pieces of meat in it, it is called "gyro" on the sign, they looked pretty good so I got one and also a pop (first one was gone). Yes, it was pretty good, it did not taste like a taco but it had a weird taste but I liked it anyway. So here is where the bad part is: after a while it was starting to get a little warm and I was not feeling too good, it was like I ate a big metal weight (you should not eat such a thing!), and it was just getting worse and worse, until (this is gross) I could not help it, I threw up into a trash can. Oh man, so gross (like I said), a kid was there, he started screaming about "gross" and so on, and I guess you can probably know I was not too happy but then I looked over and there were a bunch of people looking at me. Who is there? You probably know, it was Valerie, she was holding hands with a guy (I do not know his name). She came over and said, "hey Speedy, are you okay" (remember they call me "Speedy" at work), I just said I was fine (not really fine, but actually I felt better after "gyro" was in the trash and not in me). The guy did not say anything, Valerie said she would see me on Monday. And "take care" (of myself, probably?). So I went home (long walk but like I said I felt a little better).

So that is a weekend that is a mix of good and bad. I think next year if I go to the balloon thing, I will not get "gyro". Maybe a corn dog?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh yuch! You barfed in front of all the people! I would barf if I saw it.

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Brian said…

    Hi mary ann, thank you for your comment at my blog web site. Yes it was very embarrassing (I don't know if I am spelling that word right, it is a hard one, there are so many r's and s's, always in school we would have "spelling tests", that is one I always got wrong, also comittee, or maybe commitee, I can't remember how to spell that one, too many m's and t's). Anyway yeah I threw up (gross).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home